The Exchange Visitor Program (EVP) Committee of the Philippines is accepting applications for financial assistance under its Enhancement Training Sponsorship Project (ETSP). The ETSP is funded by EVP participants who are undertaking alternative arrangements in lieu of the two-year home-country residency requirement of the program.
It allots a maximum of US$1,500.00 per beneficiary, per course, with the funding being released at the beginning of each term/semester. It is for qualified professionals who seek to pursue postgraduate studies as well as short courses/training program in any university in the Philippines. Thesis/Dissertation Grants are also being offered.
The Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO), Secretariat of the EVP Committee, is designated as program manager of the ETSP. It is one of the efforts of the government to enhance the skills pool of the Philippines.
At present, there are available slots for Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Cell Biology and Speech Pathology with only one slot per specialization. There are also slots for Thesis/Dissertation grants in Special Education and Agriculture. Those who first complete the requirements and pass the evaluation will be given priority.
An ETSP applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- Must be a Filipino citizen;
- Must have completed a four-year bachelor's degree (for Masters Degree and Training Program) or Masters Degree (for PhD program applicant);
- Must be of good moral character, as attested by the last school attended or present employer;
- Must have satisfactory undergraduate grades particularly in subjects under his/her field of study; and
- Must have a field of expertise or seek graduate education in a field that is included in the current Skills List of the Philippines. For this purpose, you may wish to view the Skills List online at www.evpcommittee.ph.
Interested applicants should submit the following requirements:
- Application letter (should indicate prospective program);
- Updated resume with passport-size photo and detailed list of work experience and in-service trainings and seminars attended (Spell out acronyms of organizer/s and topic/s or subject/s of the training programs);
- Photocopy of Certificates of Participation in trainings/seminars;
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Academic Records (Baccalaureate/Graduate);
- Original copy of Certificate of Good Moral Character from last school attended or present employer; and
- Recommendation letter from current employer (if employed).
Please send all application documents to:
Secretary Imelda M. Nicolas
Commission on Filipinos Overseas
Citigold Center, 1345 Quirino Avenue
Corner Osmeña Highway 1007, Manila